Pages

Sunday, May 17, 2015

Sweet pea and basil pesto.

I made this pesto recipe a few weeks ago and it was delicious, so I decided to make it again for dinner tonight and for lunches throughout the week.  This time I took note of the measurements that I used.  This pesto is especially appealing to me because it is not as savory and rich as traditional basil pesto--the peas make it slightly sweet, and really compliment the basil.  It also takes about 5 minutes to make.  

You just can't argue with that :)  Here's how:

Sweet pea and basil pesto


8-10 large, healthy basil leaves 
1 1/2 cups frozen sweet peas
1/4 cup fresh grated parmesan cheese
1 large clove garlic
Extra virgin olive oil
Salt and pepper

1. Cook peas according to package.  Drain and cool slightly.

2. In food processor or blender, puree basil and garlic.

3. Add peas, and puree until smooth.  

4. Add parmesan cheese.  Blend until incorporated, and drizzle in about 3 tablespoons of olive oil until combined.  

5. Salt and pepper to taste.  



**I served mine over pasta, with sautéed chicken sausage.  The pesto reheats well and allows the cheese to melt.


xoxo,
Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment