Pages

Thursday, June 9, 2011

Berries, berries and more berries.

This morning I went berry picking. Strawberry picking. Alone. With my iPod.
It was sunny. It was hot. It was wonderful.
I just love berries. If I could eat berries everyday forever, I would be the happiest.

In just 20 minutes, I picked so many berries. Check out this photo below of the berries that I picked.


There is something so beautiful and rich about physically picking your food. I mean choosing your food at the grocery store counts, I guess, but when you're out in a patch of strawberries, you have complete control over which ones you pick. I went for the plump, red berries, but I could have picked the white or green berries that are still benefiting from the nutrients in the soil, and from the sun.

I always wish that I lived on a farm, but it is hard work. Regardless of where I live, I enjoy going to the source of my food to pick it. It is comforting, empowering and as fresh as it gets. And that makes me smile.

My favorite is putting sliced berries (this week, I will feature strawberries) on my whole wheat pancakes, then drizzling them with some pure maple syrup. Can you say yum!

Well, that was my adventure for the day. Stay tuned for tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment