Pages

Friday, June 12, 2015

The Accident: Part 4

The patient sat down in the chair next to me and rubbed my back.  She turned the mirror on the desk away from me, and attempted to block my view so I would not see the state of my face.  But she did not get it turned away fast enough.  I saw my face.  My left cheek, which had been perfectly smooth and alabaster, was now gaping open with a very deep, ragged wound.  It looked like something from a horror movie.  I could see my cheek tissue, and blood was running down my face.  There was blood in my mouth, and my cheek was numb.  I felt like I was looking at someone else in the mirror but it was really me.  I did not recognize myself.  I desperately tried to erase that image from my mind, but it was burned there, and forever it will stay.

No comments:

Post a Comment